For companies operating bulk materials export and import facilities, container terminals and mine site or power station stockyards, BMT WBM designs port materials handling systems and assists with the selection, operation and maintenance of machinery
The company has developed special expertise in many areas and offers a broad ranging service covering design, design audits, repair supervision, vibration testing, life extension, safety audits, inspections and re-engineering.
BMT WBM's experience includes:
- Container Cranes
- Rotary Dumpers
From concept design through to detailed design, commissioning and after sales technical assistance BMT WBM provides engineering solutions to clients who require new, and operate existing shallow draft material handling transfer vessels.
BMT WBM’s experience and includes:
- The detailed design, commissioning and after sales technical service of the materials handling systems and vessel integration systems for the M.V.Wunma (in service since 2000)
- Engineering assistance and after sales technical services for the M.V.Aburri (MRM system)
- Re-engineering of the materials handling systems for the Ajkwa – Freeport mining transfer vessel.
- Development of design concepts for materials handling systems for shallow draft transfer vessels with up to 25,000t payload.
- Development of design concepts for materials handling systems for floating harbour / stockyard systems.
- Concept design
- Detailed design
- Material handling plant design
- Cost estimation
- Construction and Commissioning assistance
For general enquiries relating to Materials Handling at Ports, please contact Peter Essig
Manager - Machinery Melbourne Group