- Accident Investigation, Failure Analysis
- Advanced Dynamic Simulation
- Asset Management
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Conveyor belt monitoring
- Conveyor dynamic analysis
- Cranes & Lifting Tackle
- Design Audits
- Discrete Element Modelling
- Expert Witness Advice, Arbitration
- Fluid Power Hydraulics
- In-situ machining
- Machine Design
- Mineral processing
- Ports and bulk handling
- Power and Controls
- Power generation and process industries
- Project Engineering Services
- Rail, road and shipping
- Surface mining
- Test and Measurement
- Underground mining
- Weighing of large machines
- Water and Environment (17)
Cranes & Lifting Tackle
BMT WBM provides a range of mechanical, electrical and structural services for cranes, lifting tackle and associated equipment. Typical services include:
Inpections. Testing and Accident Investigations
BMT WBM perform inspection and proof load testing of cranes and lifting equipment in accordance with relevant Design Standards and Plant Safety Regulations.
BMT WBM undertake routine inspection and testing of cranes and rope systems on Power Station and Process Industry sites. As part of the inspection services BMT WBM can also arrange and supervise maintenance and repairs by accredited providers.
Design of Special Equipment
BMT WBM has a specialist team involved in the design of lifting tackle and the preparation of lifting procedures. These services cover the following areas:
• Design and manufacture of special lifting equipment and development of procedures to ensure safety and ease of maintenance. The process is particularly relevant for equipment that has not been designed with maintenance in mind. If required this can also include training in the use of the special equipment.
• Design of special scaffold and work platforms, including procedures to ensure personnel safety during the erection of the equipment.
• The introduction of new equipment and techniques to improve productivity and safety
These processes include full risk assessment as required by Plant Safety Regulations.
Training and Assessment
BMT WBM conducts training through it's associated company NMTC Pty Ltd