- Accident Investigation, Failure Analysis
- Advanced Dynamic Simulation
- Asset Management
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Conveyor belt monitoring
- Conveyor dynamic analysis
- Cranes & Lifting Tackle
- Design Audits
- Discrete Element Modelling
- Expert Witness Advice, Arbitration
- Fluid Power Hydraulics
- In-situ machining
- Machine Design
- Mineral processing
- Ports and bulk handling
- Power and Controls
- Power generation and process industries
- Project Engineering Services
- Rail, road and shipping
- Surface mining
- Test and Measurement
- Underground mining
- Weighing of large machines
- Water and Environment (17)
In parallel with the development of new underground mining systems and technology during the past decade, WBM has acquired a wealth of experience in providing engineering support to underground mining companies.
For both coal and metalliferous mines, BMT WBM assists operating companies in purchasing new equipment or improving the productivity and safety of existing systems.
Longwall roof supports
- Specification and design audits for new supports.
- Diagnostic measurements on operating walls.
- Full scale prototype strength and fatigue testing.
- Inspection and management plans for roof support cracking problems.
- Quality management of fabrication and rebuilds.
- Repair planning and supervision.
- Optimisation of hydraulics and control systems to increase longwall productivity.
- Specification and design audits for new shearers.
- Measurements of cutting loads and operating stresses to resolve machinery and structural problems.
- Haulage drive trouble-shooting and design review.
Armoured face conveyors
- Measurement and analysis to solve recurrent problems with AFC drives, drive sprockets, flight bars, chains and line pans.
- Dynamic modelling of start/stop behaviour to predict tensions and slack chain generation.
- Optimisation of tail gate tensioning systems to increase chain life reduce chain jamming problems.
Continuous miners, crushers and loaders
- Failure analysis, problem solving, re-engineering.
- Diagnostic measurements of stress, loads.
- Dynamic analysis and design for systems with booster drives, CSTs, loop takeups.
- Trouble shooting and re-engineering.
- Optimisation of control systems.
- Cutter head bearing assessment.
- Structural problems.